CELF CAERLEON ARTS FESTIVAL – What’s It About?
- A celebration of Arts & Entertainment
- For the Community by the Community
- 19 Years & still going
- A 10 day Summer Festival in July
- Events throughout the year
- Promotes local talent & big names from beyond
- Dynamic – new ideas & opportunities
- Wide in Scope/ Wide in Appeal
- Opportunity to relax & enjoy or take part
- Indoors/outdoors at historic venues in a place steeped in history & legend
- Celebrates the special place that is Caerleon – Roman fortress, legendary capital of King Arthur
“Lit. on the Lawn“ of the Priory Hotel with authors, poets, comedy, music and more.
Shakespeare in the Roman Amphitheatre with the nationally acclaimed Festival Players – drama, comedy, tragedy, history & more.
Choirs in St. Cadoc’s Church – world-class choirs and soloists too.
Schools Art/Literature – at the Celtic Manor Resort.
Music galore in pubs: big bands, rock, acoustic, folk, Celtic & more.
The Big Free Weekend – yes free with 50+ bands/performers on both banks of the river together with Arts/Crafts/Sculpture Fayre & performances on the Festival Meadow.
Christmas Farmers’ Markets in the Town Hall bringing local/regional produce to the local community.
Sculpture Trail throughout the village
The Festival is creating a wild flower meadow –
The Festival Meadow at the “Gateway“ to Caerleon
HOW IS IT FUNDED?
Grants & Sponsorship (cash, goods, services)
Goodwill – volunteers give freely of their time & expertise
Festival generated income from some events and advertising in a widely distributed printed programme.
HOW IS IT MANAGED?
By a committee of unpaid members with a legal identity Community Interest Company: Celf Caerleon Arts CIC No: 8625012 and supported by volunteers.